- Organic Baby Gifts
Organic Baby Gifts
Organic Baby Gifts
What is organic all about?
When you are looking for baby gifts that are pure without any trace of harmful pesiticides or perfumes, organic is the way to go. Organic cotton used to produce our organic baby blankets is cotton grown naturally without the use of harmful chemicals. Organic farming relies on natural processes to grow, maintain and harvest the cotton, rather than the chemicals in pesticides, herbicides and synthetic fertilizers used in growing conventional cotton. Organic clothing may be composed of cotton, jute, silk, ramie, or wool. Tio be classified as organic there are stringent standards to be met.
Go organic so you feel good about what you buy.
Baby's delicate skin deserves the finest products on the market. If you are seeking a gift for an allergy prone infant or for eco-conscious parents, an organic present is a wonderful idea. Shop our wide selection of eco-friendly 100% organic baby blankets, towels, onesies, security blankets, plush toys and layette items all made from 100% organic cotton and/or bamboo. Adding a beautiful embroidered name or monogram make these soft organic baby gifts ideal presents for grandparents, friends and family for baby showers, baby layette or the special newborn baby.
Organic farming benefits the earth so by buying organic you are also helping save the earth's resources. Because of the extra steps to produce these special fibers, costs of production go up . Here's how it works:
- No chemical pesticides are used
- Organic cotton farming produces far less CO2 emissions - this tupe of farming takes 1.5 tonnes of CO2 per acre per year are taken out of the atmosphere
- Organic cotton farming uses up to 60% less water than conventional farming methods
- Pesticide or herbicide residues are not entered accidentally into the environment
- Humans and animals are not exposed to chemical pesticides or herbicides
- When the fabric is discarded, pesticides and herbicides are not returned to the earth in landfill, or enter into any recycling process.
- So there are many advantages. Upcycled and recycled which are almost synonymous and they are a method of conserving energy and resources by reusing an item. By reusing scraps of tee shirt fabric to weave a blanket we are saving resources. When items are sewn by hand or handloomed we reduce the carbon import on our earth are therefore eco-friendly.