Trending for Baby are Black and Blue
Posted by www.namelynewborns.com on Nov 6th 2016
Trends in baby gifts and room décor follow closely to what's trending in fashion and home design for adults. If you check out any design publication you will see examples of blue used in almost every room in the house and you also see a lot of black. Black is back in a big way so expect to see more black in nurseries, clothing and accessories for baby.
Black is a power color that you shouldn't be afraid to use in any part of the nursery. It can be an accent wall or a piece of nursery furniture. Nothing is more dramatic than a black crib accented by white, pink or blue sheets and dust ruffles. Other colors that look great with black are cream, red, turquoise and silver gray. Gold and brush finishes are very popular and can be used on pulls or door knobs and picture frames for an elegant touch. Be careful not to use too much gold or it looks dated.
Blue has always been the universally preferred color for baby boy; but it can also be an accent in any nursery. Navy looks amazing with pink and turquoise is also a beautiful color when teamed with pastels like lavender and pink. But the big news is BLACK - now black is a cool accent color for baby boy or baby girl. There are many ways to use this rich powerful color. Here are some ideas to incorporate black in your layette or nursery.
- Art work is a key way to introduce bold colors. Pictures can always be moved if you change your mind or follow baby to a new toddler or teenage room.
- Area rugs are a smart way to introduce strong colors into the nursery .
- Pillows with geometric designs or initials in black and white. blue and black or pink and black.
- Personalization of any baby item like towels, blankets, plush toys can look really sharp with black embroidery
- A baby wipe box on the dressing table covered in black fabric with a contrasting embroidery is like a piece of jewelry on the dressing table.
- Baby blankets embroidered with names in black.
Remember that white and black are amazing colors. Embroidering white bibs with black names or white blankets with black personalization is a classic look. White and black can match anything and really punches out a pink or blue nursery. Because most baby equipment like strollers and car seats are black or gray; this black and white color scheme will make baby looks so in wherever he or she goes.