Posted by www.namelynewborns.com on Sep 23rd 2018
Hooded towels are one of the essentials of any baby's layette. Because bath time is so important in daily activities; a mother can easily go through two to three towels a day. Having a soft fluffy towel is key to drying baby off and keeping him warm and secure. No one wants to wash every day so it is important to have a good supply of these important products.
New mothers ask why is bath time is so important in a newborn's life? The answer is simple ; it not only is used for basic hygiene, but it is an important ritual; to relax and calm a child in preparation for naptime and bedtime. Order and ritual make it easier to transition a little one from day to night time. Bath time is a bonding experience between parent and child; It is an opportunity to introduce water toys to encourage developing skills. it is a time for a child to have his caretakers undivided attention to prevent accidents. The bathing area should bea no cell phone area so the caretaker is not distracted .
Hooded towels are the easiest product to use. For an infant, towels should be a minimum of 29'' by 29" to allow generous coverage. Cotton is always the most desirable fabric. It is pure and soft and will not cause redness or rashes on baby's delicate skin. A personalized baby towel is an elegant way of making bath time more luxurious. As baby grows you can start wrapping him in the larger hooded towels which are 28" by 50". These should last through toddler hood and also be a great towel to bring to the pool or beach as well as a bath time accessory. They come in a variety of colors and many have character hoods to encourage imaginative play time. Here are two beautiful 3marthas towels. The first is an infant towel featuring three adorable fluffy blue lambs on a white pique hood. This towel is also shown below with pink lambs for baby girls. The second 3 marthas cotton is an every kid towel and has cute yellow duckies on its cotton pique hood and can be gender neutral - perfect for toddlers up to 4 years old.
If you have been fortunate enough to have received beautiful cotton towels for baby gifts or if you have collected them yourself; you certainly want these products to last without ripping and hardening.
Here are tips from the pros on how wash , dry and stain-treat baby towels.
- The rule of thumb is approximately one tablespoon of detergent for each wash load. Too much soap will cause your wash to end up with a soapy residue that attract dirt and leave them feeling slimy.
- Be cautious with bleach and other added whitening agents which can ruin embroidery or appliques and cause discoloration.
- Treat stains right away with plain club soda.
- For really pesky stains use Oxiclean or even natural substitutes like lemon, baking soda or vinegar.
- Use warm water to wash
- Do not use liquid fabric softeners or dryer sheets because the towels will lose their natural ability to absorb water.
- Prevent overdrying by removing them from they dryer as soon as they are dry which will keep them softer.
- If you are in the market for a new dryer, buy one with a moisture sender that will automatically shut off the drying cycle as soon as there is no moisture present.
- To prevent wrinkles , shake out your towels between the washing and drying cycle.
- Another trick to remove wrinkles is to lightly mist the towel with water and then run your hands over it to smooth the wrinkles out.
Proper care will add years to the life of your hooded towels.
In the excitement of getting ready for baby; one of the great joys is furnishing the nursery. New parents want to get everything they might possibly need. They register on line and in stores. They shop and look and dream. Everything looks appealing and they want it all. It is so confusing for the first [...]
Discover hundreds of wonderful baby gifts that are right for the #millennial parents. Parenting has changed with the advent of the birth of 82 percent of all children to millennial mothers. More than 16 million millennials , born between 1980 and 2000 have become mothers. This number is predicted to increase by a million [...]
Our amazing personalized baby gifts can't be found at Walmart. With this huge company now spending a billion dollars to replace Amazon for the number one position on the web; there is no way small businesses like ours will show up ahead of theirs on a search engine. But if you are looking for uniqueness [...]